This post is authored for Google, to help out others searching for solutions to Coda 2’s SSH woes.
Since Coda 2 was released, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 have made strides to improve things, so upgrading is your first step. If you’re still experiencing trouble with Coda accepting your SSH keys, and/or get error messages such as “unable to extract public key from private key file”, try this:
- Set up your site as usual — enter username, servername and so on
- Click the key icon next to the password box to manually point to the id_rsa key-file (which I’d assume you’ve stored in ~/.ssh)
- Check the box “Ask each time”
- Save site, connect; when asked, input SSH key password in the prompt
- Behold how it connects
- Disconnect, edit site, uncheck “Prompt everytime”
Let me know if the above works for you, it worked for me.