Armed with Final Fantasy 3 on my DS, the other day I was following the intricacies of a standard Final Fantasy quest. Explore the dungeon – fight the monsters – approach the throne – fight the baddie – save the crystal. The predictable formula made me wonder: What if life were more like an RPG? I imagine …
- There would be a lot more pharmacies and armor stores.
- It would be okay to kill someone, but only if they looked dangerous and the killing was for experience points.
- Most people would look exactly like eachother.
- There would be no cars, only airships.
- Post offices would be entirely handled by little furry teddy bears.
- In place of governments, there would be 4 crystals. Earth, wind, fire and water. Possibly more.
- Hospitals would have it easier; casting “Phoenix Down” would resurrect people, “Hi-Potion” would heal wounds, and “Antidote” would cure all poisons.
Update 1: Some more gems, courtesy of Hans-Henrik, Titoonic‘s game designer:
- If your friends were confused, they would start hitting you with big swords.
- Blindness would be an instant affliction and instantly curable.
- And of course bloody fanfares all the bloody time.