Climb in to your hammock/comfy chair and press play on the remote. The resulting flicker of images serves to empty your brain in much the same way work doesn’t.
The following is a list of movies, all placed in categorical ratings of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest. The concept of this is directly inspired and influenced by Michaels list, which in turn was started by a comment elsewhere. I suppose that makes this a meme of sorts. Here’s hoping the gents linked above will forgive me for it.
Bringing on the movies, a rating of 1 means it’s a terrible, terrible movie. Some aren’t even worth watching, and are there only to illustrate the low end of the scale. On the other hand, 10 is the highest rating. If a movie is placed in the 10 category, it’s the absolute cream of the crop. Finally, there’s the emotional factor—some movies get higher grades for reasons beyond film quality itself.
- House of the Dead, Batman & Robin, Battlefield Earth
- Star Wars 1 – The Phantom Menace, Batman Forever, Alien Resurrection
- The Matrix Revolutions, Rambo: First Blood, Immortel, Plan 9 from Outer Space
- The Matrix Reloaded, Wonderful Days, Alien 3, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Casshern
- Star Wars 2 – Attack of the Clones, Batman Returns, Monsters Inc., Gladiator
- Zoolander, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Star Wars 4 – A New Hope, Star Wars 6 – Return of the Jedi, Batman, Aliens, Groundhog Day, Mulholland Drive
- The Matrix, This Is Spinal Tap, Indiana Jones and the The Last Crusade, Star Wars 3 – Revenge of the Sith, LOTR 123, Kill Bill v1, Leon, The Shining, The Big Lebowski, The Incredibles, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction
- Star Wars 5 – The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Kill Bill v2, Spirited Away, 2001
- Dancer In The Dark, Lost In Translation, Psycho, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
- North By Northwest, Alien, Blade Runner
If there’s a movie you’d want me to categorize from 1-10, leave a comment. Or, go ahead and make your own list.