With this in mind, the small random hash errors I have been getting in my previous Movable Type installation started to really annoy me. At one point I couldn’t even edit backlog posts due to an error.
Add rebuilds to that, and it was the final drop.
The upgrade was fairly smooth, although it took some time to get accustomed to the new template tags. Special thanks to the WordPress IRC channel, though, for great help.
More on the whole upgrade process in a later post. I hope to add pertinent links for other MT users considering the switch.
For now, I’ll iron out the bugs that came in the wake. Archives, random errors, xml feeds, and the search box aren’t currently working well. Furthermore, “subscribe to this thread” got lost, but I’ll use the corresponding WP plugin asap. Feel free to comment other bugs.
On the downside, it seems the dates for many of my comments are scrambled. I found this page listing a few problems in the process, and it seems related to Movable Type 3 exporting comment dates without am/pm designation. There seems to be a solution though.
Update: I fixed it using the solution. Comments are now in the right order.