“Photoshop Secrets of the Pros: 20 Top Artists and Designers Face Off”
Mark invited me to participate in this new book about “Photoshop Tennis”.
Photoshop Tennis is the act in which two fellow designers, develop a piece of graphic design together, through the exchange of their Photoshop .PSD files. Basically, one designer starts out on a blank sheet, does an illustration, and sends it to the other designer. This designer interprets and elaborates. This process goes back and forth til the piece is finished.
A free PDF sample chapter is available, and by a stroke of luck, it is the chapter with my match, with Audrey!
- Download free sample chapter here.
I was scheduled to face the profusely talented Audrey Mantey in a match themed around “Pollution”. We decided to make it a cooperative match, and I’m very proud of the end result.
- The book contains 10 matches between 20 designers.
- Each match consists of 10 volleys, 5 by each designer.
- Source files from all designers (layered .PSD’s, .AI’s, etc.)
- Text and (in some cases) audio commentary for each volley.
- Every match was played in “real-time”, that is, all 10 volleys had to be made within 24hours. To see the end result with this in mind, is certainly interesting, and brutally honest.
- The book is written for, and all source files work on, Mac & PC.
The book is priced at 44.99 US$, 32.99 GB?, 99.95 AU$, or 67.95 Can$.